Andaman Island has been blessed with a nice weather all through out the year. This island is tropical in nature with average temperature ranging from 22 Degree Celsius to 35 Degree Celsius. It gets humid out here NOT as cities such as Chennai, but as cities such as Kolkata and Mumbai. In the islands you will feel humid because of water vapour present in air.
There is NO fixed climate in the islands. Out of nowhere it rains and suddenly bright sun shine appears. Usually, the season is from October-April and OFF Season is from May-September. However, we are seeing some changes in the weather for the past couple of years.
BEST SEASON FOR HONEYMOON, TOURS, SCUBA, FERRY AND WATER ACTIVITIES
- NOVEMBER - APRIL IS THE BEST TIME FOR ANYTHING IN THE ISLANDS
- JUNE, JULY AND AUGUST IS NOT GOOD FOR WATER ACTIVITIES. BUT IS GOOD FOR TRAVELING TO ANDAMANS TO SEE THE SCENIC BEAUTY AT A LESSER PRICE. IN AUGUST THE WEATHER STARTS GETTING BETTER WITH SHOWERS IN BETWEEN.
- ON ANY SUNNY DAY YOU CAN DO SCUBA DIVING. SCUBA DIVING IS OPEN ALL THROUGH OUT THE YEAR
- SEA WALK IS NOT OPERATIONAL USUALLY FROM JUNE - AUGUST DURING OFF SEASON
- CRUISE SUCH AS MAKRUZZ and COASTAL CRUISE ARE NOT OPERATIONAL FROM JUNE - AUGUST
- GOVERNMENT FERRY IS OPERATIONAL ALL THROUGH OUT THE YEAR
HISTORICAL DATA - We are seeing some changes in weather since couple of years
- STORMS - In 2007 the Cyclone Sidr Came in November 15, 2007
- STORMS - In 2013 the Cyclone Phailin Came in October 6, 2013
- STORMS - In 2014 the Cyclone HudHud Came in October 12, 2014
These storms originated in the Bay of Bengal Ocean and reached Mainland India after crossing Andaman and Nicobar Islands. For travellers we suggest that come back from Havelock, Neil and Baratang Islands to Port Blair 2 Days before your departure from Port Blair Airport. The reason to state this is because in case of bad weather everything stops in the island. NO Ferry operates from one island to the other. If you have those spare days then you will be comfortable enough to extend your day in any of the islands and then take the next ferry to Port Blair. Thus not missing your connecting flight to Mainland. Also know that NO Hotels offer refund in case you are not able to reach the island on time.
For people coming for short trips up to 10 Days. We strongly recommend to take Package tours when visiting Andamans. Customize the trips the way you want, but have someone who can help you in such situations. Local travel agency in Andamans have good contacts and they can help and arrange alternatives during such situations. Believe it or not Experience Andamans Team has seen situations where travellers get stranded and there is no way out from the island for 24 - 48 Hours.