To everyone who visits Havelock island, we say hiring a two wheeler is the best way to explore this island. The reason we say this is because the distance to reach any attraction is not more than 10-15 Kilometre. You can easily drive within the island without any issues. A thing to note here is gas/petrol is a little expensive than other places in the Andaman Island. Since, most of the goods come through mainland the prices in this island is a little more than normal, having said that the goods are not exorbitantly priced.
Things to know while availing 2 Wheeler in Andaman
- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE VALID LICENSE
- ALWAYS WEAR AN HELMET. THE TRAFFIC POLICE IS STRICT IN ANDAMAN.
- NEVER THINK OF DRINK AND DRIVING.
- MAXIMUM 2 ADULTS AND 1 CHILD ALLOWED PER VEHICLE
- A SECURITY DEPOSIT IS TAKEN WHILE GIVING YOU A BIKE
- PETROL IS ON SELF AND THE VENDOR ONLY PROVIDES A 2 WHEELER. VERY LITTLE PETROL IS PROVIDED BY THE VENDOR SO THAT YOU CAN REACH THE PETROL PUMP
- NOT MANY PETROL PUMPS ARE AVAILABLE IN HAVELOCK. MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR TANK FILLED BEFORE 7:00 PM.
- YOU CAN BOOK YOUR VEHICLE IN ADVANCE SO THAT IT GETS DELIVERED TO THE PLACE YOU ARE STAYING.
- VEHICLE IS PROVIDED FOR 24 HOURS FROM THE TIME OF AVAILING IT.
No one in the island gives a car for Self drive only 2 wheeler is provided. In Port Blair you can use pay per km services. Here is a link to know more PAY PER KM CAB SERVICES. You can contact us, if you require cab services within Havelock.